The Endocrine Society has released a new toolkit to assist patients and physicians with pediatric-to-adult transitions of care for Turner Syndrome. This initiative was spearheaded by the Society along with representatives from the Hormone Health Network, Turner Syndrome Foundation, American College of Physicians, and the American Academy of Pediatrics. The toolkit includes a comprehensive approach to successfully managing these transitions, including the following resources:
- Transition Readiness Assessment: An assessment tool for providers to identify gaps in self-care knowledge and skills.
- Clinical Summary & Transfer Record: A form to ensure that all clinical information related to the patient’s condition is included in his or her medical record upon transfer to the adult practice.
- Recommended Approach for Transitioning into Adult Practice: A resource to assist providers who plan to receive emerging adults with Turner Syndrome.
- Dosing Standards for Estrogen: An overview of dosing strategies for patients with Turner Syndrome
- Recommended Approach for Planning for Pediatric Practices: A guide for pediatricians who are preparing to transition their patients to an adult practice
- Adult Care Recommendations for Screening & Assessment: A chart to inform the patient which provider should be responsible for conducting various screenings and assessments into adulthood
Copies of these resources, along with tools for type 1 diabetes and growth hormone deficiency, can be found at endocrinetransitions.org.