The Endocrine Society Nominating Committee is seeking dedicated member leaders to serve on the Board of Directors. If you are passionate about endocrinology, have served on Endocrine Society committees, and want to join the team to drive the strategy forward, please consider nominating yourself or a colleague for one of the following open positions:
(Candidates should demonstrate leadership skills and familiarity with Society priorities, ideally previous service on the Board of Directors.)
- Secretary-Treasurer Elect
(Candidates must have recent experience as a member of the Endocrine Society’s Finance & Audit Committee or the Board of Directors.)
- At-Large Directors (three open positions)
(Candidates should have recent experience serving on committees, task forces, and/or working groups.)
To view position descriptions, current and future Board composition and to submit nominations, visit: https://www.endocrine.org/membership/call-for-board-nominations
Nominees should possess the following core competencies:
- Organizational Knowledge and Stewardship – Understands and embodies the association’s core values, mission and strategic priorities.
- Strategic Thinking and Leadership – Demonstrates leadership attributes that allow them to positively influence the decision-making process by effectively aligning tasks, priorities, and resources in a thoughtful and strategic way.
- Communication – Demonstrates skills and leadership in communicating efficiently, respectfully, and transparently.
- Collaboration – Appreciates the unique views and opinions of others when building consensus.
Service on the Board of Directors has many advantages, including opportunities to:
- Contribute to the global leadership team that drives the Society strategy;
- Expand your knowledge base, enhance your network with colleagues conducting endocrine research or in practice, and exchange ideas toward innovating in endocrinology;
- Proactively address issues that impact our members, their research, and patients worldwide; and
- Grow professionally by participating in leadership development training.
If you or someone you know embodies these core competencies and has a passion for our Society, please nominate them today! Completed nomination packages will be accepted through Monday, July 31, 2023. Self-nominations are welcomed; multiple nominations can be submitted for each position.
Visit https://www.endocrine.org/membership/call-for-board-nominations to submit your nomination.